Application Support Developer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS’s technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients’ needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
The EMEA Credit Risk Support team is a strategic front office support team, part of a wider Global Credit Support team within Investment Bank IT.
The Global Support team consist of several highly talented individuals with years of industry experience and SME knowledge, supporting applications used by the Credit Business including PnL and risk systems. The team, as a whole, supports users who are a part of Front Office and Back Office functions across all Regions.
Due to the nature if the applications support coverage is global ensuring production systems are kept highly available, 24 hours a day.
Recently the team has expanded to cover a DevOps function that is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining a range of tools and processes for assisting with management of the risk runs as well as resource optimisation on the middle tier hardware and compute grid.
Production Support Core Tasks
- London Crisis/Incident Management Point of Contact, escalating issues with appropriate urgency. Ensuring team follow the prescribed incident & problem management process to minimising downtime/outages/issues of all systems supported by core risk team. This includes ensuring that the team’s Service-Level Agreements for issue resolution and remediation are adhered to.
- Proactively pick up, assess and track to closure all application issues and business queries from Traders, Middle office, Product Control and Operations clients.
- Identify and drive efficiencies in support tasks enabling the support team to be more effective. This includes overseeing development releases to Production, ensuring stability and maintaining quality & efficiency.
Continuous Improvement Tasks
- Work with development managers to reduce the support profile of existing applications. Drive the resolution of recurring issues at a systemic level. This includes improving environment (remediate EOL infrastructure, identify single point of failures etc).
- Build and track a book of work for support, especially relating to follow-ups for reoccurring issues and actions from Problem tickets.
Business Delivery & Knowledge Management Tasks
- Provide subject matter expertise in some or all of the following business processes: Market Data Management, Valuation, P&L attribution/reporting, Price Testing, Structured Trade Analysis and Risk Reporting.
- Relationship management of Business / IT clients and teams globally, ability to forge and maintain positive relationships and communicate at all levels.
- Ensure that the team’s Knowledge Base stays ahead of and proactively maintain documentation and implement knowledge review processes Investment Bank’s risk functions.
We understand the importance of flexible working, and we would welcome a conversation about this. We are open to discussing both formal and informal working arrangements.
Education & Professional Qualifications
A Bachelor degree in a computer science related field is typical for our team, though we have many good performing team members with Engineering and Maths backgrounds too. Would consider equivalent work experience.
Must have skills:
- Good experience with C#, .Net Framework, Relational databases (MS-SQL) and fair experience in at least one scripting language (Perl/PowerShell/VBS/…)
- Experience supporting and managing EOD PnL or Intraday Risk Management systems. Including a basic understanding of PnL and risk sensitivities, demonstrated through experience of business and operational processes in the IB Credit Risk industry.
- Demonstrated ability to concisely explain problems and propose solutions both orally and in writing. This includes the ability to actively listen, interact with senior management (Business and IT) and provide clear, understandable unambiguous documentation/emails
- Proven experience and understanding of Credit products, particularly CDS, Bonds and Structured Products.
- Problem solving ability and resilience with an analytical mind set. For example exposure to monitoring systems like Genios and Osmosys
- Hardworking, result oriented with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law. For more information visit Technology Careers
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a