Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance
We are currently growing out our Collections team and have a number of permanent vacancies for people who are looking to join a dynamic and growing organisation.
As a team our Collections Advisors help mortgage customers to overcome problems that have led to their accounts being in arrears. They deal with customers in an efficient and accurate manner via telephone, email and letter correspondence to service residential and early commercial mortgage arrears customers, complying with regulation and internal policy.
The role of Collections Advisor is really important us. You will look after some of our more vulnerable customers ensuring the best customer outcome is at the heart of our decision making.
Based in our dynamic Manchester office, you will sit amongst a team of 12 and report to the Collections Manager.
What would your day look like?
- Notably having challenging conversations with our customers, you’ll be the first port of call for those in financial difficulty
- Negotiating with our customers who are in arrears for repayment of balances and finding alternative resolutions
- Using your initiative to recommend the best course of action after internal procedures have been exhausted
- Adhering to all regulatory policies to ensure our customers are treated fairly and the best possible outcomes are achieved at all times
- Demonstrating a pro-active, inquisitive and problem-solving nature to assist our customers in vulnerable and often complex situations
What do we expect of you?
- Experience working within Collections in Financial Services is essential (preferably mortgages or secured lending)
- Experienced in adhering to Collection processes including ‘TCF’ and Customer Vulnerability
- Previous experience in working on more complex arrears cases
- The ability to deal with customers in difficult situations showing an empathetic approach to customers circumstances
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment working to agreed SLA’s and workforce planning systems
- Good team player skills are essential with a track record of working within a dynamic team
- Excellent organisational, communication, numerical and analytical skills
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.