Collections Associate – Asset Finance
Heard of us?
We’re an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance
The Asset Finance team have helped Aldermore to become the industry’s specialist lender of choice. Across the UK, our people support our broker partners, lending to an unusually diverse range of markets and across the complete range of solutions. Today, we’re a leading national provider of leasing, hire purchase and loan facilities to SMEs. And because we have even bigger ambitions, we can offer a dynamic, progressive environment in which to build an exciting career.
The role of Collections Associate is really important to us. You will work within our Asset Finance Collections Team and be responsible for collecting overdue amounts due to Aldermore through effective case handling.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Reading office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You’ll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager Leanne Walker, Collections Team Leader and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
- To professionally and effectively collect and recover early arrears and manage cases in default within the Asset Finance portfolio, whilst adhering to all Collections policies and procedures.
- Be a team player within both the Collections team and the broader Asset Finance team of Aldermore Bank supporting the business as a whole to deliver growth and other targets, whilst adhering at all times to the overall compliance policy framework within the business.
- Assessment and Resolution of customer arrears, by telephone/email/letter where appropriate. Recommendation on longer-term recovery strategy as appropriate.
- Utilise the Bank’s dedicated Asset Finance software to its full potential, using the automated letters/templates and diary system.
- Delivery of exceptional customer service and ensure hirers are treated professionally and fairly, within prescribed timescales.
What do we expect of you?
- Excellent customer service focus to include communication and telephony skills
- Confidence with the ability to handle challenging conversations
- Good team player skills are essential with a track record of working within a dynamic team continuously looking for improvement
- Asset Finance / Leasing and Collections experience gained within SME market is preferred but not essential
- Experience of working within a regulated, banking or financial services environment preferred
- Experienced at delivering collection and recovery processes within dynamic collections environment preferred
- Numerate – able to interpret financial statements (balance sheet/P&L/cash flow)
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.