We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – No. 2 in the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide! We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company with just under 300 employees based in the UK, and are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of Pernod Ricards leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
Our key brands include ABSOLUT vodka, Beefeater, Malfy, Plymouth and Ki No Bi Gins, Jameson Irish Whisk(e)y, The Glenlivet and Chivas Regal Scotch whisk(e)ys, Havana Club and, Malibu rums, Perrier-Jou?t champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacobs Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
Our employees are really at the heart of our company, and everything is done to allow them to flourish. We create an environment where you can bring fresh thinking, try something new and show what you can do. We value simple and direct relationships that build trust, support and collaboration. We value diversity of backgrounds, thoughts and opinions. All of this helps us to perform and ‘live the extra mile. What you will learn and the bonds you will build with us will help you expand, unleash your potential and open up unexpected opportunities.
We are in this business for the long term and we know that sustainable growth means caring for our communities, consumers, and employees alike. We care about the communities we impact, nurturing our lands and investing in the sustainability of the raw material we use. We care for our consumers, ensuring the quality of our products and encouraging their responsible consumption. We care about our people. Our future growth and performance depend on what we have to offer to each other, which is why we are committed to invest in your development and wellbeing.
Were looking to recruit an apprentice with flair and motivation, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. At Pernod Ricard you can actually make an impact, and many of our placement students have returned to Pernod Ricard.
Consumer and Commercial Insights Apprentice (Data Analyst)
About the Team
The Strategy and Transformation department is focused on accelerating the company performance, significantly growing value market share over the next 3 years. There are 6 specialist areas working closely together with the Strategy and Transformation team: Consumer Insight, Category Development, Revenue Growth Management, Integrated Business Planning, Field Sales Planning and New Ventures.
About this apprenticeship
You will be a key player in the new and fast-moving Strategy and Transformation team that is focussed on driving forward business performance. The role gives you the opportunity to feed into two key teams within the department that are instrumental in driving business strategy.
Consumer Centricity is at the heart of our business model and equally is integral to our strategic decision-making processes. Working alongside the rest of the Consumer Insights team you will strive to deliver real, understandable and actionable consumer insights to the business to assist in more effective delivery of the Company’s commercial aims.
The Commercial Transformation team ensure Pernod Ricard UK delivers profitable business growth as a data-driven, digitally-enabled commercial organisation. As the needs of our consumers, shoppers and customers evolve, and new sources of data and insight become available, you will deliver clear insights and reporting to the business to ensure we make better and faster commercial decisions.
Working across both teams that strive for best in class insights, we are looking for an individual who is equally enthusiastic about what they do and pushes for the very best.
You will have a strong attention to detail and solid experience in Microsoft Office, notably Excel and PowerPoint, be able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks to deliver on time.
This role will support Consumer Insight Manager on a number of functions
- Radarly (Social Listening) – managing queries to ensure they are up to date and being the key point of contact with brand teams
- Support on Radarly (Social Listening) analysis, drawing out key insights on our brands and categories to drive uptake of social listening across the business
- The Insights Factory: Management of and advocacy of The Insights Factory, ensuring all insights decks are available and easy to find. Being the go to person for all queries in relation to the platform.
- Ad Hoc Research Projects: Support on ad hoc research projects, designing questionnaires, survey checking and charting and interpreting results for distribution to the wider business
- PRIME (brand equity tracker), supporting, notably around key reporting periods, updating and distributing KPI performance
- Monitoring uptake of tools rolled out by the Centre Of Excellence
- Campaign Evaluations: Gathering relevant campaign info needed for CEs during questionnaire development (assets, on/off-trade activity, etc.)
This role will support Field Sales Planning and Revenue Growth Management teams with resource managed via Consumer Insight Manager
- Promotions: Extraction and charting of promotional insight from new VISTA Advanced optimisation tool
- Pricing: Compilation of market pricing reporting, using insight sources including Nielsen and Brandview
- Field Sales Optimisation: Extraction and charting of field sal