Exp. Operational Risk Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The role forms part of Group Operations second line of defence within its Line Risk Management function. The Line Risk Management function works closely with the Group Operations Regional Management team as a collaborative partner within the Operational Risk field. This high-profile role, working with business partners in Group Operations function up to DIR & MD level, aims to evaluate & propose enhancements to the control environment and provide challenge on various types of Operational Risks for the coverage area (by product and region). The role will be based in London.
- Prepare monthly Control Review Meeting materials with Group Operations senior management. This includes compiling the control pack, facilitating the meeting, working in partnership with the Global functional and regional line management team to provide independent risk challenge and ensure that all key risks & regulatory requirements are well understood and relevant issues are raised.
- Risk assess and understand current process, new business and deployment proposals to evaluate impact to various Operational functions. Ability to influence structure of projects to suit Group Operations strategy and ensure areas of control weakness are avoided.
- Manage the review of existing risk metrics and targets to ensure risk is being appropriately measured and look to define or develop new metrics/targets as necessary.
- Build and manage working relationships with senior members of line management responsible for underlying process and supervisory controls. Ensure value adding activities are performed to understand and enhance their control environment. Communicate and monitor identified risk issues and suggest/track appropriate corrective action.
- Work with line management to support Audit/Regulatory Examinations, internal RCSA (Risk Control Self Assessment) and manage associated follow-up actions.
- In-depth Operational Risk experience or a proven track record in a non-operational risk field.
- Intermediate Powerpoint and Word skills.
- Outstanding communication skills. Be able to articulate complex risk proposals in a structured, targeted and impactful manner.
- Results-oriented with an inquisitive mind-set and a desire to build professional relationships at all levels within the firm.
- A Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting subject area preferred but not essential.
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success