FCC Investigations Consultant – 6 Month FTC
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
How do we support our employees:
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
The role will support the FCC Investigations Manager and the business, working closely with the Confidential Investigations Manager to ensure that M&G meets relevant regulatory, legislative, ‘best practice’ and reporting requirements in relation to financial crime investigations, as well as the day to day operation of financial crime prevention controls, assisting the business to develop procedures to prevent financial crime.
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G’s operational risk
- Assist with embedding /enhancing M&G’s financial crime investigations framework
- Undertake the day to day activity of dealing with BAU Financial Crime (mainly Fraud/ AML referrals and escalated alerts from TMS, screening activity, referrals from PGS, Operations teams and Outsourcers etc)
- Deal with standard/ generic queries in relation to referral inboxes and hotlines
- Liaise closely with and assist the Mumbai team as required
- Deal with law enforcement and industry bodies on a case by case basis in relation investigation requirements, information requests and intelligence sharing
- Be responsible for the preparation of investigation case files / reports including SIRs/SARs
- Ensure investigations are run effectively with appropriate records maintained to evidence decisions taken (i.e. initial documentation / e-mail review/ interviews (where relevant) etc) – inc. SARS
- Ensure appropriate processes are applied and that relevant documentation is updated as required
- Analyse, manipulate, query and profile data to identify potential financial crime / suspicious activity and trends
- Undertake monitoring for the proactive identification of potentially suspicious transactions or series of transactions
- Review internally generated reports for suspicious patterns and individual alerts relating to money laundering, fraud and any other reportable incident
- Identify emerging trends through open source monitoring and intelligence gathering
- Assist with the provision and presentation of MI to ensure that reporting requirements are met (inc. root cause and trend analysis)
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting Financial Crime investigations, and related standards (criminal and employment law etc).
- Help develop intelligence and analysis to identify, understand and enable the remediation of financial crime threats
- Assist in the design and examination of output from fraud detection tools, in particular those relating to online/digital transactions
- Make recommendations as to the appropriate action to be taken prior to and following an investigation and gain appropriate management approval
- Write reports of investigative findings and conclusions for supervisory / stakeholder review and approval
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience: