You will be responsible for assisting the Financial Crime Department in its role as second line of defense by undertaking financial crime monitoring in accordance with the bank’s Financial Crime Monitoring & Assurance Framework.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Conduct as advised 2LOD assurance testing as required by the bank’s Financial Crime Monitoring & Assurance schedule.
- Maintain records of remediation requirements resulting from financial crime review audits and ensure action points are tracked with regards to delays/progress/completion
- Assist with the new staff induction process
- Maintain applicable financial crime registers
- Assist MLRO/Deputy MLRO with implementation or remediation work resulting from regulatory change
- Assist with monthly newsletter to the Bank detailing financial crime updates
- Clear sanctions alerts from Safewatch as escalated by the Operations team
- Clear database alerts raised by World Check
- Assist MLRO/Deputy MLRO with escalated file reviews/openings/blocks
- Assist with client/transactional investigations as required
- Act as Financial Crime liaison for all operational matters
- Assist with department admin
Experience and Qualifications
Qualifications:- University degree Relevant professional qualifications
Experience:- 3 year plus in financial crime related role. Experience with client due diligence, financial crime monitoring, control testing.
- Good working knowledge of Windows suite
- Ability to examine and evaluate regulatory rules & legislation
- Good awareness of market developments
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A self-starter and keen team player
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Arabic speaker preferred
- Ability to adapt to working in a multi-cultural environment
- Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy
- High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and to withstand occasionally high pressure demands
- Accuracy and high level of numeracy and literacy
For more jobs like this, search Market Talent on google – go direct to our website for more live roles and set up your own job alerts.