Fund Product Manager
Octopus is a group of companies which invests in the people, ideas and industries that will help to change the world.
We believe that the companies serving two of our most important needs – our financial wellbeing and our planet’s future – are failing. And we want that to change. We want everything we do, whether that’s in financial services or energy supply, to have a positive impact on the people it touches.
In our financial services business, we care as much about the impact our investments have, as we do about the returns that we generate for our investors. We manage more than £9.1 billion* on behalf of retail and institutional investors, specialising in renewable energy, real estate, smaller company and venture capital investing.
Our energy supply business – Octopus Energy, is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. It has grown from start-up to more than 1.7 million customers over the last four years and is now the #1 rated UK energy supply business, and the only one to be recommended by Which? three years in a row.
Octopus Energy, Octopus Giving, Octopus Investments, Octopus Renewables, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Ventures, Seccl Technology and Octopus Wealth are all part of Octopus Group. Visit octopusgroup.com.
Its an exciting time of opportunity and change and our Funds Operations team are looking to add a new Fund Product Manager role to the team. This role will work on defining, directing and supporting execution of 1st Line of Defense controls around product governance, portfolio risk reporting and third party relationships ensuring all activity is efficient, proportionate, and effective.
- Sits within the Fund Operations Team, reporting to the Director of Fund Operations
- Team is expanding in line with ambitious fund raise targets, significant AUM, and a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape
- The candidate will work with real estate, property, ventures, alternative investment, renewables, AIM teams
- Covers both institutional and retail fund sectors
- Very broad range of (mid-level seniority) stakeholders to interact with: fund managers, operations, second line of defence teams, financial accountants
- Monitor emerging regulatory changes and industry practices and work with the compliance team with development of robust and proportionate policies (specifically those required under AIFMD) and procedures to satisfy regulatory obligations.
- Own the oversight of the 3rd party depository and administrative relationships. Ensure compliance policies and procedures are in place to comply with 3rd party requirements, Octopus and 3rd party incident management, and manage all ongoing due diligence requirements
- Maintaining a central record of all fund registrations across all jurisdictions, all 3rd party supplier contracts and all fund legal documentation.
Product Governance Management
- Support the Director of Fund Operations in taking a strategic and commercial approach to the design, execution, and awareness of the Octopus Product Governance framework (design, launch, and ongoing monitoring of all Octopus investment products).
- This will involve owning the day-to-day management of the Product Governance processes, maintaining the Product Governance Policy, supporting product owners with product governance queries throughout the product lifecycle, and embedding the framework within BAU.
- Support delivery of product governance training
- Manage timely onboarding of Administrators and Depositories for all new funds, including contract management
Support delivery of the AIFM’s risk management function in respect of fund risks on behalf of the fund management group. This will include:
- Maintain a permanent portfolio risk reporting function for the AIFM, covering all AIFs
- Liaising with the investment businesses to deliver accurate, high quality, and timely AIFM Board reporting to meet regulatory responsibilities
- Be the central point of contact for the AIFM Board at Octopus
- Ensure all delegations made by the AIFM Board have clear ownership and ongoing monitoring structures are in places.
- Establish processes for ongoing review and version control of AIFM policies.
- Experience of working in fast-paced asset management business and managing small projects
- Experience of multiple fund structures and asset classes
- Excellent working knowledge of AIFMD framework
- Good understanding of prog gov requirements
- Brilliant communicator, comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels and able to make the complex simple
- Demonstrable skill and experience of being able to see both commercial and compliance aspects of product proposals.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strength:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company’s vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for. We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold. We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we’re always learning, adapting and improving We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.