Who we are?
We are a financially strong, European regulated business operating in five different geographies, with over 9 million customer accounts, delivering strong financial returns. Our Purpose building better financial futures.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Incident Manager to join us in our Manchester office, with some home working. Due to the current Pandemic this will be initially home based only.
Your role as an Incident Manager will be to monitor and act upon incidents, ensuring they are resolved in a timely manner and with a high degree of customer service and expertise.
Responsibilities in the role:
- You will ensure appropriate categorisation and prioritisation of incidents according to severity and impact.
- You will work closely with IT Teams and Business Operational Risk Manager to identify and report any incidents that could impact the business.
- Work closely with the IT Service Management Team to deliver incident/problem prevention
- Follow standard ITSM processes for Problems, Changes and Incidents
- Organise the Change Advisory Board to evaluate and provide approval for change
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business application landscape and how these applications support business processes
- Review business requirements and work with the wider IT team (including Solution Architects and Service Delivery) to agree the most suitable solution.
Skills and experience to be successful in the role:
- In-Depth knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures and strong understanding of the ITIL service lifecycle and the 5 lifecycle stages is essential.
- Understanding of working in an regulated business environment
- Ability to understand business complexity and application interdependencies
- Strong relationship management. Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Experience of working with third-party suppliers and partners
- Familiarity of the software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills applied to understanding business functionality and translating them into application requirements
- Knowledge of ITSM tools, e.g. ServiceDesk Plus, Radar, ServiceNow
- Ability to analyse and investigate impact on customers, the business and financial performance
- Strong stakeholder coordination and organisational skills
- Structured approach and able to prioritise effort and time
- Strong communicator with all stakeholders.
We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, and we pride ourselves on rewarding success with our excellent bonus scheme and incentive package.
- Share Incentive Plan
- 25 Days holiday rising to 30days (plus opportunity to buy/sell)
- Pension Scheme company matching up to 5%
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Private medical insurance / Health plans
- Income protection
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme / Gym Flex / Gadget scheme
- Flexible home working policy
Please note we are an equal opportunities employer and FCA regulated company – we will conduct credit, fraud, criminal record and 5-year reference checks as part of our pre-employment screening.
(Strictly No Recruitment Agencies Please)