This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of GEM Premium People who are currently working as a recruitment business, our client based in Thornaby is looking to recruit a DPF Operator Apprentice to join their fast-growing team. This Apprenticeship is ideal for an individual looking to join a successful business with in the manufacturing sector whilst gaining a level 2 in Lean Manufacturing apprenticeship over the next 12 months.
To prepare a new trainee to be production ready within 12 weeks using the resources of the design workshop.
At the end of the 12 week period the apprentice will be expected to be able to make pieces of furniture on their own from the start using the materials, information and machines as used in the workshop. They will be formally assessed on this ability at the end of the 12 week period as well as being monitored during their time in the workshop.
They will be working in the Product Development Workshop and be responsible to the Workshop Supervisor. The staff in the workshop have the following responsibilities and the apprentice will be expected to partake in the work while being trained and so gain the skills and knowledge as noted below:
- Making of the prototypes, test builds, samples and presentation models to the data provided by the Design & Development Office.
- Ensuring samples are of the best quality as appropriate to the type of sample required.
- Working to the schedule/work programme required.
- Working to the company health and safety practices in the workshop or wherever you are working within the business or in a safe manner if working off site.
- The good order and running of the machines within the workshop and reporting any faults in the correct manner.
- Any other related tasks that the department may be required to do.
Key Attributes Required:
- Ability to work with others.
- Analytical and investigative approach to problem solving.
- A practical and resourceful nature.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness and ability to learn and adapt.
- Flexibility in working practices.
- Accuracy of work.
- Reliability in timekeeping and attendance.
- Willingness to work overtime as required – given adequate notice.
1 – 12 weeks 8am – 4pm paid at £6.50
12 weeks + to join either perm days 6am – 6pm (48 hours) or Perm Nights 6pm – 6am (48 hours) paid at 40 hours at £8.72 + 8 hours @ £13.08