QA Manager – Complaints Team
Driven by our values of Integrity and Trust; Fidelity’s client-focused vision is "to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future". The Client Engagement team supports Fidelity’s retail and workplace investing business channels. It plays a critical role in capturing and addressing the needs of our customers and establishing a consistent voice in response to those client needs; whether expressed through feedback, complaints or social media.
Purpose of your role
This is a varied and exciting management role in the complaints team reporting to the Associate Director of Complaints. You will manage a Quality Assurance team responsible for monitoring the outcomes of complaints which could carry a financial, regulatory or reputational implication for the business. The complaints relate to a variety of products and services offered by Fidelity and may be regulated and complex in nature.
You will have responsibility for ensuring that the Quality Assurance team reporting to you runs smoothly (to Fidelity and regulatory standards), is appropriately resourced, understands their objectives and are consistently achieving them. This will involve playing a leading role in managing the day to day activity of the team including case allocation, monitoring and verification schedules and staff development.
You will work very closely with other business areas both inside and outside of the Client Services area including: Contact Centre teams, Operations, Compliance and Legal Counsel, Sales, Technology, the Direct and FNW business teams and the Distribution Service Management team.
You will utilise your technical knowledge and management skills to ensure the team’s reputation as quality assurance experts is maintained and further enhanced. Previous management experience in overseeing a Quality Assurance team within the finance industry following Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) guidelines, would be a clear advantage.
As part of our commitment to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), you will be expected to fully adhere to and follow those procedures which are in place, ensuring that all customers you have contact with receive the highest level of customer service, on a consistent basis. It will also be essential that you fully understand what the 6 TCF principles are and how they affect your department, feeding back any client comments to your Line Manager/TCF Champion.
- Accountable for the day to day successful management of the Quality Assurance team who are responsible for ensuring that complaints are handled fairly, efficiently, promptly and in line with Fidelity agreed policies, procedures and client/regulatory requirements
- Take ownership of developing, implementing and maintaining a complaint handling Quality Assurance Framework to define what good looks like, that identifies critical control points, preventative measures, corrective actions, monitoring and verification processes to ensure Fidelity are delivering good customer complaint outcomes
- Devise and establish the Customer Relations Quality Assurance procedures, standards and specifications to effectively monitor the complaint handling operation by undertaking file reviews, check the checker processes, collecting and analysing quality data, facilitating proactive solutions and report on issues/key learnings to the Associate Director of Complaints
- Responsible for creating a positive team environment fostering a spirit of teamwork with clearly defined boundaries, which promote Fidelity Values and Behaviours. Inspire team members to act with focus, discipline and a sense of urgency ensuring the reputation and business integrity of FIL is upheld. Plan staffing levels
- Development of an employee-orientated company culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance
- Provide expert oversight, assistance and direction to the team and/or wider business on the handling of complaints, the regulatory requirements, on investigation techniques and outcome-based decision-making, including offering appropriate compensation. Oversee and support the Quality Assurance team to manage their workload, enable and encourage optimum performance/productivity ensuring that risks and priorities are understood, and quality is maintained
- Plan and lead daily huddles to set the team up for success by actively reviewing the team’s workload to identify priorities, ensure efficient queue management through appropriate allocation of cases and planning to reduce the stock of complaints or keep volumes at an acceptable level. Take ownership to provide daily and weekly Quality Assurance statistics/commentary of the team’s work position to the Associate Director of Complaints
- Support Team Managers with day to day quality activities, including reviewing Final Response letters
- Maintain employee work schedules including training, job rotation, vacations, paid time off, cover for absenteeism, and any overtime scheduling
- Using SMART principles, identify achievable but incremental quality and team/individual performance goals and objectives and agree these with the Associate Director of Complaints
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding, take responsibility for implementing/overseeing personal development plans and actively support the team achieve against goals and objectives. Accurately capture records of knowledge and competency by effectively reviewing individual performance feedback in monthly one to ones/through the performance management cycle. Proactively manage any underperformance and encourage staff to take ownership for their own learning and development. Retain and nurture talent by preparing succession plans
- Supporting, where applicable, the Associate Director of Complaints and HR in the recruitment of staff, including attending key interviews, to maintain a professional and knowledgeable team
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organisation and department information through daily huddles, department team meetings, one to one meetings, and appropriate use of email/company IM (instant messaging) maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- Take ownership for ongoing self-development, personal growth and continued learning of Fidelity products, services, systems and processes. Keep regulatory knowledge and competencies required for the role up-to-date
Participate in the development and ongoing maintenance of the wider team’s processes, policies, procedures and standards. Continuously strive to implement best practice and processes across the department, including case prioritisation, investigation,