Quality Control Analyst – Mortgages
Quality Control Analyst – Mortgages
Heard of them?
Our client are an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams.
Now is your chance
To support and work in the rapidly growing Operations team, as part of the collections and customer support team, who are responsible for managing the day-to-day mortgage customer forbearance and arrears accounts.
This role is to assist and support the Operations team in building and maintaining a robust 1st line QC Framework, undertaking quality control and analysis to support development of stringent processes and guidance for front line staff in the management of forbearance, early arrears and complex arrears cases for the mortgage division. Helping to develop technical training that meets company policies and industry regulations.
This individual will be responsible for aligning the 1st line approach with 2nd line guidance, ensuring strong partnerships are formed with controls, compliance and risk to build an operational environment that is secure, identifies issues and realises improvements for best possible customer outcomes.
What would your day look like?
- To carry out daily, monthly and quarterly audits and testing across collections operations, to include review of application of policy, adherence to process and fair customer outcome.
- Prepare detailed written reports and recommendations on the results of testing, to include trend analysis and root cause identification, demonstrating a robust first line of defence
- Maintain accurate results of testing by individual to support 1-2-1 conversations and performance management
- Develop and embed a risk-based sampling methodology in accordance with the QC Framework, the compliments second line review and oversight
- Build and deliver any training or upskilling to collections advisors where there is a decline in testing results to support improved and consistent results, and demonstrate fair customer outcomes
- Support collections advisors in being mandated, working closely with second line to agree mandated training and assessment.
- Review and update operational SOPs to ensure adherence to FCA and other regulatory requirements.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement to ensure best practice is maintained
- Assess Quality Control results in order to determine whether any issues identified are individual or systematic in nature and develop and carry out corrective action plans as necessary, including change to process or support training.
- Record and update relevant detail of QC testing, ensuring checks are completed and reported in a timely manner to second line, and allowing for review to support the development of bank policies and guidance.
- Support the Operations Manager in developing a high performing team culture through regular effective communication, coaching and team building
What do they expect of you?
- Sound knowledge of mortgage collections and arrears management
- Experience of managing and working with vulnerable customers
- Experience conducting Quality Assurance Reviews
- Confident and experienced in all areas of financial services
- Knowledge of relevant banking regulation and legislation
- Excellent influencing and challenging skills
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Demonstrate ethical behaviours and a team player
What can you expect of them?
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with their proposition to their Customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Our Clients’ Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses under the parent company umbrella. Whilst their parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, our client are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports their customers across a range of products and services, with hubs throughout the UK, including London, Reading, Manchester and Cardiff.
Underpinned by their strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life’s hopes and dreams", they thrive upon saying "yes" to their customers. They respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; they give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and they open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. Our client are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on their purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join them today and they will make the same promises to you as an employee, as they do to each of their customers. Our client value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. They continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
Our client do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by our client will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.