Is CFM what you’re looking for?
We’re a global asset manager, founded in 1991 and a pioneer in the field of quantitative trading. We are innovative, collaborative and believe in diversity with around 30 nationalities, across our offices around the world.
What can CFM offer you?
We create an environment for highly talented and passionate PhDs, IT engineers and other recognised experts to explore new ideas and challenge assumptions. We are a Great Place to Work and welcome those who are intellectually curious and keen to see CFM’s thinking, research and analysis come to life in a way that benefits our clients.
Are you passionate about Technology?
At CFM, we inspire innovation through a collaborative approach to work. Our Technology department represents 50% of our workforce and implements solutions to meet business teams’ expectations, whilst working with all CFM teams including Research and Investor Relations. If you are passionate about advancing technology, come and join our team!
The context :
In compliance with regulations, CFM LLP has setup a Risk Management function, independent from Research and Trading, reporting to the Risk Manager of CFM SA on a day to day basis and the board of CFM LLP on a periodic basis. The Risk Manager of CFM LLP also participates in the Quantitative Investment Committee of the group.
The team’s key responsibilities include
- Measure and monitor risk metrics in real time (exposures, VaR, Greeks, margins…)
- Alleviate operational risk: manage limits, validate trading decisions and execution.
- Reconcile trading in real time, using "drop copies" channels from brokers and exchanges.
- Report key risk indicators to the board, regulators and investors.
The job :
CFM LLP is looking to reinforce its risk management function with a person that can accompany the strong growth of CFM’s Quantitative Investment funds.
The position is based in London and involves visiting the Paris office on a monthly basis.
The role’s key responsibilities include
Capture, monitor and understand all material risks in the portfolios.
Ensure that these risks are reported accurately internally, to the board, regulators and investors.
Manage risk limits. Investigate, report and audit breaches.
Monitor underlying market conditions (volatility, liquidity).
Keep a critical eye on new trading projects (new asset classes, new strategies…) and evaluate their impact on risk.
Maintain ongoing close communication with Portfolio Managers and Research teams. Understand and challenge how they view and manage risk.
Participate in Investment and Risk Committees.
Participate in Due Diligence processes.
Your profile :
- Masters or PhD (or similar) in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics, or Finance.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in quantitative roles within risk management, modeling or trading in financial institutions.
- Knowledge of financial products across several, or all, asset classes: equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, credit, volatility.
- Knowledge of computing and scripting languages (e.g. Java, C++ or Python).
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to investigate problems into complex systems and data.
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams on complex programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently in a confident and professional manner.