Regional Account Manager
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
How do we support our employees:
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Account Manager to join our Intermediated Distribution team to work with advisers in the North Manchester/ Lancashire area. In this role you will deliver on sales revenue targets through the distribution of Prudential products to local adviser firms. You will ensure all activities remain compliant with M&G plc policy, legislation and risk appetites.
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- To deliver sales revenue target for regional sales team
- New business development
- Adviser sales of Prudential products
- Funds under management retention
- Client retention
- Supports or advises others to enable fulfilment of their accountabilities; accountable for providing input where required
- Take all reasonable steps to make sure your business area fulfils its external regulatory, legal and industry obligations
- Use your judgement to strengthen our positive risk and control culture, by identifying, assessing and managing risk within your business area
- Ensure all personal expenditure, and contractual and legal agreements are authorised, controlled and monitored according to our delegated authority requirements
- Ensure all legal agreements with third parties are managed according to the Managing Contractual Relationships Framework.
- Understand our Code of Conduct and how it applies to your work. Comply with all relevant policies, including mandatory training
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G’s operational risk.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Relevant professional qualification (CII/Pfs Level 4 Qualified or equivalent as a minimum)
- Several years of experience in Intermediated Distribution
- Previous experience working for a Life Co/Asset manager
- Strong presentation skills and good knowledge of Microsoft suite of digital applications
- Experience of regulated sales environments
- Working knowledge of industry best practice, good network/links with external bodies and individuals on the same field
- Detailed knowledge of Prudential products, systems and distribution
- Working knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Working knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislatory frameworks
- Understanding of the Statements of Principle and Code of Practice
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter Name: Phoebe Ewers
Closing Date: 15th February 2021
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change – Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results – Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple – Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things