Resource Planner Talent & Capacity Adviser Happy to talk flexible working
Join us and youll shape more than just your career
We believe were best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Lets talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, youll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Talent and Capacity Adviser role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing whats right even when no ones looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You will take responsibility for assisting the management team with all aspects of resource management, including manging the employees work schedule and training.
- You will take an active part in the fortnightly meetings held with individual managers to agree employee scheduling for the next 12 months, amend and update the relevant booking software in response
- You will monitor holiday and TOIL balances including proper authorisation and utilisation.
- Be a part of a team. You will work as part of the team, helping to resolve local issues with employee allocation and creating confidence that if work is won, it can be staffed.
- Take responsibility. You will book all trainees onto TM courses, liaising with managers when necessary and book and keep a record of employees booked onto courses
- You will monitor accuracy of resource/job details on the relevant system ensuring it is always fully up to date
- Build your brand. Given the importance of the Talent and Capacity Adviser, this role offers exciting opportunities for the right person to expand their knowledge. The team has a history of developing internal talent for progress
The minimum criteria
- You will have worked within a resourcing and capacity role previously
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Dont worry if you dont tick every box. Its important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- An understanding of audit methodology
- Understands timescales and risk management audit processes
- You will have excellent organisational skills
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, well want you to show us how theyre important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects peoples lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing whats right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, were also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now youve seen our values, it shouldnt be a surprise that were creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone regardless of background or gender. Dave Dunckley, CEO
Theres more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes the things you do and the people youre with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if youd like to work flexibly, let us know. Were happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and well always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Life at Grant Thornton