ESG data Business Analyst – 41092
My high profile investment management client are recruiting for an experienced ESG data Business Analyst to join their team on an initial 5 month contracting position based in London.
Reports to: Business Analysts Manager
This role would typically be office based, however because of the current situation the initial part of the role will be solely home-based. However, the successful candidate will need to be willing to commute to the London office on a regular basis when the office re-opens.
The Business Analyst role is an exciting opportunity to partner with the Front Office and Client teams to help deliver the strategic RI and ESG platform.
In this business facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You’ll need to work well in a team, but also be self-sufficient. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
* Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements and ensure that the technology strategy is aligned with the business goals.
* Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Actively participate in the delivery life-cycle and develop documentation such as business process, user stories, system user guides etc.
* Responsible for the business analysis within the RI and ESG product, working collaboratively within the team as well as Business Analysts and development teams in other products to deliver the required functionality.
* Support the development and implementation of an ESG Data Management Strategy that enables current and future business requirements.
* Collaborate with Data Governance to ensure ‘data’ best practices are leveraged in defining, delivering and managing ESG data and data technology across the business.
* Support planning and implementation of changes required to meet emerging ESG business and regulatory requirements.
* Discover, understand and define stakeholder and product owner needs via workshops, meetings and interview. Playback the requirements using a variety of approaches including user stories and business process flows.
Job Specific Competencies
* Exceptional knowledge of investment process, research, responsible investing, ESG, portfolio modelling and construction processes and workflows
* Knowledgeable in ESG data, its uses and applications in an asset management environment, particularly from an investment and reporting perspective.
* Attention to detail and the ability to analyse research, ESG and RI data flows
* Experience of implementing and embedding ESG data into business systems and processes
* Understanding of the uses of ESG attributes as part of investment process
* Experience of business process re-engineering
* Fantastic communicator, collaborator and influencer who is keen to work closely with a wide variety of teams, both technical and business
* Strong relationship builder and key stakeholder management skills
* Some knowledge or experience of ESG ‘ready’ platforms
* Proven experience of data modelling and visualisation/SQL, T-SQL/Desk top ETL tools
* Assimilate, translate and communicate business requirements in a clear and concise manner
* Creative problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
* Enthusiasm and willingness to encourage others
* Confident when engaging with senior management
* Comfortable with challenging the status-quo and offering alternative solutions
* The ability to work well within a business focused delivery team
* Self-directed, adaptable, flexible and professional
Only suitable candidates need apply. If you have not received a response within a 48 hour period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.