Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- You will produce timely reports both ahead of and in response to data and complement these with thematic, and longer shelf-life products
- Your product suite includes a weekly, plus contributions to other regular publications like the Global Economics Weekly, the Emerging Markets Quarterly, and the Global Outlook
- You will play a central role within the team, in particular working very closely with our Macro Research function both in EMEA and globally
- Expressing the bank’s view about the economic outlook for your markets including interest rate decisions and macroeconomic forecasts
- Hosting regular client events with experts, policymakers and thoughtful leaders
What we’re looking for:
- Good macroeconomic background with a deep understanding of interactions with financial markets
- Extensive academic background, preferably PhD in Economics and Finance, with strong quantitative background
- Experience working with, or at, central banks or multilateral lenders will be preferred
- Russian language is required
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and independently
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain complex subjects very clearly and in a concise way
- Good interpersonal skills and good team player with the ability to build a long lasting and strong professional network
- Focused on clients and achieving targets with excellent work ethics
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaning as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by Tube, Docklands Light Railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority – Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.