Securities Lending Administrator – 10 Months FTC
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
How do we support our employees:
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
This is a temporary role to work within a small busy team ensuring all securities lending loans, returns and recalls are settled on time, providing a high level of customer service to the Securities Lending Desk.
The role will include liaison with other teams within Investment Operations, the Front Office, Counterparties and Custodians, and involves monitoring settlements on securities lending trades and investigation and resolution of any failing trades.
A high degree of organisation skills and numeracy is required as well as being a self-starter. Management of tight deadlines and attention to detail is critical. Team work and customer service standards are a key part of this role.
- Production and Reconciliation of SL fee income statements to all counterparties
- Liaise closely and provide an exceptional level of service to the Front Office
- Responsible for all aspects of fails control for Loans, Returns and Recalls
- Ensure accurate reporting of fails
- Liaise with counterparties, agent banks and dealers on fails resolution
- To ensure that all failed transactions are cleared ASAP
- Ensure sales and sale orders are up loaded to show correct availability of holdings
- To notify Lending Desk of recalls and monitor the process
- Maintain and produce MI
- Reconcile loan positions with Custodians and Counterparties
- Work closely with other team members checking and validating instructions
- Report to the Settlements Team Leader, Supervisor and Head of SL Operations
- Report issues in the required log and escalate issues to Team Leader and Supervisor
- Ensure all controls are adhered to and challenge/identify improvements where able
- Experience of securities settlement in a securities lending environment
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Self-starter – must be able to use initiative & logic to resolve issues
- Excellent attention to detail – written and numerical
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- A drive for excellence
- A professional manner
- Team work
- Proven numeracy
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and adhere to variable deadlines
- Approachable and helpful with good interpersonal skills
- PC literate, specifically Excel skills
- Knowledge of Global 1 would be a distinct advantage
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change – Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results – Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple – Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things