About the team:
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Manager (Advice) to come and join our Compliance team. You will provide clear and practical advice and guidance to the business in relation to new and existing FCA conduct regulatory requirements and the impact of business change.
This role will involve occasional travel between the Group’s Chatham, London and subsidiary offices and you will have line management responsibilities for 4 members of the Team
OSB Group is a leading specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market. Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB’s unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage the day-to-day activities of the Compliance Advice Team.
Your responsibilities will include
- Providing direction and leadership to the Compliance Advice Team to ensure effective delivery of compliance advice to the business
- Representing the Compliance function on key business / regulatory projects and initiatives
- Promoting fair customer outcomes with a view to ensuring that the quality of the ‘customer journey’ is considered in day to day operations
- Identifying the implications of conduct risk and associated conduct regulations on the business and writing / presenting Impact Analyses / Summaries of appropriate papers by the regulator
- Line managing and coaching direct reports including all aspects of performance management, development, sickness management etc
In return for your commitment:
We offer a base salary dependent on experience of between £55,000 – £65,000 and a competitive benefits package including:
- Discretionary annual bonus opportunity of up to 15%
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Access to Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan
- Additional benefits such as, Cycle Purchase scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Holiday purchase / sell schemes, Employee Perk Portals and Save as you Earn scheme.
Could you be the one?
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience/knowledge and qualifications set out below:
- Previous work experience in a Compliance Advisory Manager role within Financial Services
- Robust knowledge of Mortgages and Savings Products and Servicing Processes
- Experience of embedding the Principles of TCF / fair customer outcomes and Conduct Risk into the business
- The ability to remain proactive in supporting the business to ensure they remain in line with current regulation
- CeMap 3 qualifications
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV! For internal applications, please visit the internal careers page to apply. The closing date is Friday 5th February.
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal and confidential chat about this role please contact us on
If shortlisted from your initial application we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, we aim for them to be relevant and conversational to get the best out of you!
As a combined group, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process and pro-actively offer and make reasonable adjustments as and when required.
We recognise that flexible working opportunities can be of benefit to both employees and the organisation, improving work-life balance and enabling the business to attract and retain skilled and valued employees. Please speak to us about how this could work for you.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.