Senior Unitised Fund Analyst 12 Month FTC
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
How do we support our employees:
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
Job title: Senior Unitised Fund Analyst-12 Month FTC
Opportunity to join the Unitised Fund Services team who perform a varied function, supporting all investment teams, covering multiple asset classes. The team deliver a high-quality service to external clients and TPAs as well as internal administration teams. The team is responsible for post trade activity administration (reconciliation, trade & fund accounting queries), acting as the conduit between the Investment Teams, Custodians and Fund Accountants. Unitised Fund Services are responsible for coordinating all transition management in/out of unitised products. This involves extensive communication with external managers, calculation of transition value through to settlement of stock movements.
The team provides support to all change teams responsible for launching and closing funds and managing change initiatives impacting unitised products. There are Regulatory Reporting responsibilities which the team perform oversight on, such as AIFMD and CPO reporting, both of which are filed to the regulator on a quarterly basis.
We monitor fund cash balances and ensure all material items are captured on internal systems (Aladdin) ahead of settlement to provide accurate cash projections for the fund managers trade effectively. Alongside this we remediate any overdrafts and associated breaches (CASS 8 – borrowing limitations in the IMA) to ensure fund are reimbursed and the client not being disadvantaged.
This involves extensive interaction with outsourced suppliers as well as investment teams and TPAs and the regulator.
The successful candidate will represent the team at forums and ensure that all impacts are understood, processes challenged prior to implementation and that the team has full understanding of change impacts prior to go live.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports are delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G’s operational risk.
- The candidate will be responsible for approximately fifty unitised funds, providing day to day administration support for all aspects of post trade activity.
- Oversight of AIFMD regulatory reporting delivery for allocated clients.
- Management of inspecie transitions for unitised products.
- Challenging all processes to ensure that team operates at optimum efficiency levels. Ensure that all procedural documentation is relevant & up to date.
- Assisting in the launch and operational setup of all unitised products. Liaise with change functions to ensure that there are no barriers to launch.
- Provide support for all change initiatives affecting the unitised space. Represent the team at meetings and ensure that all changes/initiatives are communicated to wider team and that impact is fully understood.
- Collation and delivery of data to various stakeholders on demand.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Identify and fulfil regulatory requirements applicable t