Role – Trade Support (Junior-Mid level)
Location – Chester
Duration – 12 months (Remote working, with plans to return to office as normal in future)
This role is within Rates Trade control, performing a Trade Control function supporting the Global Rates and Currencies business. Developing and utilising an understanding of products traded, including Interest Rate Swaps, Options, FRA’s, Caps, Floors, Cross Currency Swaps and FX to perform numerous control functions and support the Business
- Trade Validation – Timely and accurate management of trade capture process to ensure all trades are booked according to terms of underlying agreement in both Front-Office and down-stream applications
- Provide support to assigned trading desks – Support the Trading desk across all Trade Control functions in a timely and accurate manner
- Ongoing Trade maintenance – Manage trade lifecycle events & perform trade amendments to correct incorrect positions.
- Investigate and resolve breaks – Work closely with Front Office and Operation teams to resolve breaks (eg. Cash, Collateral, Valuations, Documentation etc)
- Production of daily reports – Distribute Daily reports to the Trading desk, business partners and Senior Management (requiring a high level of attention to detail)
- Resolving client issues – Working with Sales and Client Management teams to ensure that client issues are addressed and resolved.
- Trade Compression events – Manage Compression events such as Trioptima to reduce our bilateral and CCP trade counts, working with Front office to execute successfully.
- Resolve queries – Investigate any issues raised to the team, liaising with Front Office, Back Office and/or the client as necessary.
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Dependable to deliver High Standards
- Ability to understands the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and work with them to resolve differences
- Collaborative team player
- Logical approach to problem solving – taking ownership and offering practical solutions
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise daily workload whilst working accurately under pressure
PREFERRED but not essential:
- Trade Control experience or product experience
- Proficiency in Excel
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven’t heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.