TRAINEESHIP- MECHANICS ASSISTANT
A Traineeship is an unpaid education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
A very exciting opportunity for a Trainee to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever-changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary. Car Technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly. The Car Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job or College? Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged from 16 and qualified below Level 3 (A level)?
Tasks will include:
- General housekeeping maintaining a clean and tidy workshop
- Take necessary precautions for Health & Safety to you, your colleagues and customers
- Observe internal processes and procedures
- Assist is servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Assist in maintenance – replacing part that wear and tear before they fail
- Assist in repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
- Be aware of and use all safety equipment provided
- To undertake training as required
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Functional Skills maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement.
- Functional Skills in maths and English
- Employability skills
- Basic vehicle skills
- After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and either a job interview with the employer (if a position becomes available) or an exit interview involving feedback and a reference from the employer to help with future job-search
- The recruitment team at Skillnet will work closely with you to discuss additional employer vacancies which may be of interest to you
- An interest in gaining experience within the Motor Industry
- Be able to communicate well with colleagues and customers
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have a reasonable attitude towards learning new skills
- A keen interest in cars and an urge to learn about the mechanics of light vehicles
- Be reliable, punctual and have a sensible attitude