Dealing with Difficult People and Situations Certificate – CPD Certified
Dealing with Difficult People and Situations Certificate – CPD Accredited Difficult people cost businesses hundreds of billions of pounds every year. Learning how to deal with difficult people therefore, is not just a necessary business move to protect your bottom line, it presents an untapped opportunity to dramatically increase your revenue. Furthermore, it also offers powerful interpersonal skills that will help you interact with people in all areas of life. Understanding why people act in a difficult manner and how to resolve the problems they create improves morale, productivity and contributes to a professional work environment. When difficult people create conflicts, it arises from their basic human needs being unfulfilled. Learning how to communicate needs and have them met is the key to dealing with difficult people. This course will show you exactly how. This course has been designed for employers and employees of businesses who want to face the inevitable challenges that arise between individuals with the best tools and knowledge at their disposal. The course content will teach you all the skills you need to successfully handle difficult people and situations for the best possible outcome. The knowledge and information contained in this course is accessible and clear. The contents have been informed by scientifically validated research based studies. This course contains deeply insightful information and strategies to deal with difficult people, and exercises, tests and worksheets for you to experiment with and apply what you learn at your own pace. ** When purchasing this course you will be eligible to apply for the XO Student Discount Card!! You can save on brands such as New Look, Disney, ASOS, Hotels, Miss Selfridge , Dominos and many more.**
What you will learn
You will learn how to:
- Understand human needs and their influence on behaviour
- Use communication skills to reduce conflicts in the workplace
- Recognise and minimise disruptive workplace behaviour
- Recognise the factors that promote and hinder productivity
- Recognise the characteristics of difficult people
- Deal with difficult people with effective solutions
- Identify the sources of difficult behaviour
- Identify the most common difficult personality traits and how to deal with them
- Focus on the solution (rather than the problem) to deal with difficult people
The skills and knowledge contained within this course are applicable to any business or organisation and will empower you to confidently deal with the most difficult of situations for the best possible outcomes.
Module 1: Developing an understanding of human behaviour
- Understand the six universal human needs and how they drive individual behaviour.
- Learn how to incorporate Transactional Analysis communication skills in the workplace to reduce conflict and increase effectiveness.
- Be able to recognise and minimise counterproductive workplace behaviour.
- Grasp the importance of employee recognition, appreciation and autonomy for productivity and work quality.
Module 2: Handling difficult people
- Identify what behaviours make a person difficult and how you can identify them
- Learn how to handle difficult people, focusing on solutions to difficult situations and people.
- Find out the underlying causes of difficult behaviour and awkward personalities
- Learn how to confidentially challenge people and reduce unnecessary conflict
Module 3: Dealing with difficult situations
- Understand the psychology of difficult employees and awkward customers
- Learn how to deal with difficult situations and difficult people in the work place
- Uncover more about the different types of difficult employees
- Discover the tips for managing difficult employees, bosses and colleagues
Module 4: Interpersonal Skills for handling difficult People
- Develop personal skills and resilience for dealing with difficult people
- Understand how to overcome conflict and move towards negotiation
- Learn how to create effective relationships in life and at work
- Discover how to extract as much information as possible by actively listening
Module 5: Personal Development
- Learn how to reduce your emotional reactions to others by not taking matters so personally
- Uncover some of your own limiting behaviours and attitudes towards life and others
- Find ways to create a more positive attitude to life and create a better experience for yourself
- Understand how our environment and perceptions influence our physical and mental health
|Who is this course for|