WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Learn about costing methods and techniques, why costing is done and where digital costing can be applied.
- Why it is important to collect data and upon Understand budgets, how they are prepared and implemented within an organisation.What is the impact of budgets? examination learn how it creates value for the organisation.
- Understand the types of short-term decisions made by an organisation, and learn the techniques to support these short-term decisions
- Learn to apply risk management tools in the short term decision making process
COURSE CURRICULUM (Type Of Course Material: Text)
P1: Management Accounting
Chapter 1 – Accounting For Management
Chapter 2 – Cost Classification And Behaviour
Chapter 3 – Semi Variable Costs
Chapter 4 – Accounting For Overheads
Chapter 5 – Absorption Costing
Chapter 6 – Marginal Costing
Chapter 7 – Activity Based Costing
Chapter 8 – Limiting Factor Analysis And Throughput Accounting
Chapter 9 – Joint Product Costing
Chapter 10 – Other Costing Issues
Chapter 11 – Linear Programming
Chapter 12 – Standard Costing And Basic Variance Analysis
Chapter 13 – Advanced Variances
Chapter 14 – Budgeting
Chapter 15 – Forecasting Techniques
Chapter 16 – Risk And Uncertainty
Chapter 17 – Relevant Costing
Chapter 18 – Cost Volume Profit Analysis
- Cost Accounting for decision and control
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Short term commercial decision making
- Risk and uncertainty in the short term
This is an objective test. The objective test must be passed in order for learners to complete the syllabus module. Additionally, learners who wish to progress to the CIMA Operational Level qualification should also successfully pass this test.
This is an entry level finance exam that will allow the learner to demonstrate if they have acquired the relevant skills, techniques and knowledge to be displayed in that role. The exam will comprise of a computer-based objective test and 1 case study exam.
- Format Computer-Based
- Duration 90 Minutes
- Results Provisional results available followed by confirmation within 48 hours
(A score out of 150 is given, with 100 representing a Pass)
Operational level objective tests – GBP110 (Tier 1 per exam)
Please Note : Official Exam is not provided, It should be purchased separately
Please note that the prices are subject to change by the The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) at any given time. The above price mentioned per objective test are at the time of writing only. You may check with the official CIMA website for latest updates in prices.
You will have 12 Months access to your online study platform from the date you purchased the course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages revisiting the training at any time.
Upon the successful completion of the unit Management Accounting – P1, learners can advance to the next unit of the Certificate in Business Accounting (CIMA Cert BA)
If the learner has already completed other units, can apply to the final exam of Diploma in Management Accounting (CIMA Dip MA).