What is covered in this course?
- Gain a clear understanding of monetary policy and how it impacts the economy.
- Learn how an open economy works.
- Learn how to make business decisions based on the state of the economy.
- Learn economic-policy making.
- Gain essentials of microeconomics.
- This academic qualification will enable learners to have the confidence in their skills in their field of study and apply practical knowledge in their job position.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Course Curriculum (Type Of Course Material: Text)
1: Money and Monetary Policy
- Money and Monetary Policy
- Monetary Policy
- Money or Interest Rate Control
- Appendix 1 IS LM Frame work
2: Monetary Policy and Economic Activity
- Monetary Policy and Economic Activity
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy in the 1970s
- Monetary Policy under Rule or Discretion
- Central Bank Independence and Inflation
- Central Bank Transparency
- Macroeconomic Policy lead in g u p to the Glob al Financial crisis
3: Balance Of Payments and the Exchange Rate
- Balance of Payments and the Exchange Rate
- Current Account
- Financial and Capital Accounts (FCA)
- Financial Account (FA)
- Capital Account (CA)
- UK Balance of payments: a Historical Review
- National Accounts and the Balance of Payments
- Foreign Exchange Market
- Fixe d Exchange Rate
- Other forms of Exchange Rates
- The Real Exchange Rate (RE)
- Marshall Lerner Condition (ML)
- Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)
- Why Riche r Countries Are More Expensive
- Interest Parity condition (IPC)
- Real Interest Parity condition (RIPC)
- Appendix to Chapter 3 Forward Exchange Rate
4: Macroeconomic Policy in an Open Economy
- Macroeconomic Policy in an Open Economy
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy under a Fixed Exchange Rate Regime
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy under a Floating Exchange Rate
- Effects of a permanent fiscal Expansion
- Long Run Effects of a permanent increase in Money Supply
- Overshooting Exchange Rate
- The Current Account Balance
- International Capital Mobility (ICM)
5: Fixed Exchange Rates, Central Bank Intervention And Regional Currency Arrangements
- Fixed Exchange Rates, Central Bank Intervention and regional Currency Arrangements
- Fixed Exchange Rates and Devaluation
- Speculative Attack and Capital Flight
- Regional Currency Arrangements (RCA)
- Optimum Currency Area (OCA)
- The Role of the Central Bank
- EMU Asymmetric Business Cycles
6: Global Financial Instability
- Global Financial Instability
- The Asian Financial Crisis
- Global Financial Crisis and the Policy Response
- The Euro-Crisis
7: Global Capital Flows and Financial Instability
- Global Capital Flows and Financial Instability
- Foreign Exchange Markets
- The Tobin Tax
- Capital Account Liberalization
- Hedge Funds
- Capital Controls: Comparative Analysis
8: International Monetary System
- International Monetary System
- Bretton Woods System 19441973
- After Bretton Woods
- What has been happening to exchange rates in a floating world?
- The future of the American dollar
- The Role of International Organizations
- Corruption and the Global Economy
- Global Governance
9: Developing Countries and International Institutions
- Developing Countries and International Institutions
- Trade liberalization
- The effectiveness of Structural Adjustment Programs
10: End Notes
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Money and Monetary Policy Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £159 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 04 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from The Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04465
Accredited Body (Accreditation)
The Quality License Scheme has long-established reputation for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. The Quality License Scheme has over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, The Quality License Scheme also offers regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
While the submission of your assignment is compulsory for you to get your Quality License Scheme accredited certification, you can also receive another CPD & iAP accredited, free e-certificate if you take a 20 multiple choice exam.