What is covered in this course?
- Gain a clear understanding of your job role in finance and investment with clear objectives in mind.
- Understand how to use best practices to create financial models.
- Analyse and understand cash flow statements.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of what investment banking is
- Learn how to identify fiscal policy issues.
- Learn about investment and taxation.
Course Curriculum (Type Of Course Material: Text)
Module 1: Investment
- Introduction to Investment
Module 2: Investment Assumption
- Investment assumptions
- Time of investment and start of business
- Cash earnings
- Cash investments
- Interest amounts
- Relevant amounts
- None committed amounts
- Opportunity amounts
- Marginal amounts
- Discount rate
- Investment horizon
Module 3: Investment Evaluation Methods
- Investment evaluation methods
- The net present value method
- Internal rate of return method
- The annuity method
- The pay back method
Module 4: Investment Motives
- Investment motives
- Investment in additional capacity
- Investment in a new project
- Rationalization investments
Module 5: Critical Values In Investment
- Critical values in investment
Module 6: Choosing Between Investment Evaluation Methods
- Choosing Between Investment Evaluation Methods
7: Investments And Taxation
- Investments and taxation
- General assumptions on taxes
Module 8: Investment And Inflation
- Investment and inflation
- Investment including inflation one inflation rate
- Investment including inflation multiple inflation rates
Module 9: Investment and Working Capital
- Investment and working capital
- Including working capital in investment evaluations
Module 10: Replacement Of Investments
- The no-replacement situation
- The identical replacement situation
- Replacement of old technology with new technology
Module 11: What to Include In Real Life
- What to Include In Real Life
Module 12: Financing
- Equity Financing
- Debt Financing
Module 13: Financing Considerations
- Financing considerations
- Business environment
- Stable business environment
- Dynamic business environment
- Loan terms
- Loan period
- Nominal value
- Interest and commission costs (cost and risk)
- Calculation of proceeds
- Loan repayment (liquidity)
- Extension of repayment (flexibility)
- Early repayment (flexibility)
- Currency (risk and cost)
- Loan termination and loan governance
Module 14: Amortization Of Loans
- Amortization of loans
- Standing loan (bullet loan)
- General characteristics
- Amortization of a standing loan (bullet loan)
- Serial loan
- General characteristics
- Amortization of a serial loan
- Annuity loan
- General characteristics
- Amortization of an annuity loan
Module 15: Evaluation of Loan
- Evaluation of loan
- Evaluation of a standing loan (bullet loan)
- Evaluation of a serial loan
- Evaluation of an annuity loan
- Evaluation loans overview
Module 16: Evaluation of Other Credit
- Evaluation of other credit
- Overdraft accounts (non-scheduled amortization)
- Trade creditors
Module 17: Financial Planning
- Financial planning
- Finding the right financing package
- Evaluation of cost of the financial package
- Evaluation of financing package 1
- Evaluation of financing package 2
- Evaluation of financing package 3
- Conclusion of evaluation of financing packages
- Other considerations
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Investment and Finance Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £159 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 02 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from The Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04461
Accredited Body (Accreditation)
The Quality License Scheme has long-established reputation for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. The Quality License Scheme has over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, The Quality License Scheme also offers regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
What’s special about us
- No Hidden Fees
- Efficient and effective customer service for all your queries
- Endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme
- Get a 30% discount when you pay the full amount at once. This includes the course fee, assessment fee and certificate fee.
While the submission of your assignment is compulsory for you to get your Quality License Scheme accredited certification, you can also receive another CPD & iAP accredited, free e-certificate if you take a 20 multiple choice exam.