Sage 50 Complete Accounting Diploma Training Course
Sage 50 is one of the most common accounting packages used by small and medium-sized businesses around the world. Being easy to install and automatically updated to ensure that users act in line with the latest UK legislation, Sage 50 is a good choice for those moving from manual to computerised accounting. However, in order to get the best from Sage 50 it is important to become familiar with its functions and how to use them effectively. Once mastered, Sage 50 allows you to manage accounts, keep track of invoices, produce sales reports, and much more. This special combined course will enable you to become a proficient user of Sage 50. Each of the three courses will provide you with step-by-step instructions that will enable you to carry out the most common accounting functions necessary in the day-to-day running of small to medium businesses. As Sage 50 is used across all sectors, this knowledge will be useful to anyone working in the financial side of a business. Below is an outline of what you can expect from this combined course. What You Will Learn This combined course includes the following elements: Sage 50 Accounting for Beginners Sage 50 Accounts Intermediate Sage 50 Accounts Advanced Course Detail Course Access: Lifetime Exams Included: Yes Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Accounting and finance_Accounting
The Sage 50 Beginners Course
This course teaches you the basics of account management and provides you with an overview of computerised accounting. You will learn the basic principles behind account-keeping within a business context and will be shown the advantages of the Sage 50 software. The course will guide you through your first experiences with Sage 50, demonstrating how to navigate the basic features whilst taking you through the process of entering new company information.
The course then addresses essential transactions and processes including bank reconciliation, managing petty cash, creating supplier records, and producing sales invoices. You will learn shortcut keys which will enable you to use Sage 50 in a more efficient manner. By the end of the course you will have gained an appreciation of accounting as a discipline alongside your practical knowledge of the software.
The Sage 50 Intermediate Course
This course builds on the concepts learned in the beginners course and assumes that you have a working knowledge of the basic features together with an understanding of simple transactions. You will begin by learning about accruals and prepayments, along with the calculation of assets and depreciation. You will not only learn how to undertake these more advanced transactions but also how to fix errors such as inaccurately processed assets.
Stock control and monitoring are also covered in depth, enabling you to manage stock levels with confidence. You will also learn how to create an audit trail for complex transactions such as those involving discounted items and credit notes.
The Sage 50 Advanced Course
This course moves beyond everyday transactions and emphasises the processes required in chasing debt and credit control. You will learn why quotations are important, and how they can improve sales. You will gain an understanding into how businesses recover credit and payment from customers, and how to keep accurate records during the process.
Audit trails are a key aspect of accurate accounting and you will gain further knowledge and insight into this process during the course. You will also gain a better understanding of budgeting, as well as how to correct common mistakes in record-keeping. Finally, you will also develop your skills in producing customised reports.
The Benefits of Our Complete Sage 50 Accounting Course
This course will give you a complete overview of all the main accounting tools Sage 50 offers, from the basic to the advanced. This will make you an attractive candidate for any position that entails company accounts including invoicing and debt management. You will not only be a proficient user of Sage 50 software, but you will also be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how financial matters are controlled within a business.
Benefits of taking the Complete Sage 50 Accounting Diploma:
- Study at home and online
- Study at your own pace
- Access to full online support whilst completing the course
- Easy-to-read modules packed with information
- No entry requirements
- A chance to receive an accredited qualification upon completion
If you are in a position of responsibility for keeping company accounts within a small or medium-sized business, taking this combined course will ensure that you feel confident in completing everyday transactions on a regular basis.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The Complete Sage 50 Accounting Diploma Course consists of 3 courses:
Each course consists of between 10 and 10 individual modules. Modules can take from 20 to 90 minutes to complete. You are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you dont pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 40 hours to complete in total.Course Content
Beginners Diploma Course
- Module 1 : Sage 50 Fundamentals of Accounting and Financial Management
- Module 2 : Manual and Computerised Accounting and Introduction to Sage 50
- Module 3 : Classic and Enhanced Views in Sage 50 Features and Functions of Sage 50
- Module 4 : Setting Up a New Company Entering Data for an Existing Company Navigating Practice and Demo Data
- Module 5 : Shortcut Keys and How to Navigate the Sage 50 Accounts Desktop
- Module 6 : How to Create, Modify and Review Chart of Accounts
- Module 7 : How to Create, Modify, Edit and Delete Bank Records How to Perform Bank Reconciliation
- Module 8 : Nominal Ledger, Managing Petty Cash, Customer & Supplier Records
- Module 9 : How to Perform Recurring Transactions How to Create Product and Stock Records
- Module 10 : How to Create, Set Up and Manage Sales Invoices
- Module 1 : Getting started with the Intermediate Course, Accruals and Prepayments
- Module 2 : Fixed Assets and Depreciation (I)
- Module 3 : Fixed Assets and Depreciation (Part II), Customer and Supplier Addresses and Purchase Orders (Part I)
- Module 4 : Intermediate Processing Purchase Orders from Product Records
- Module 5 : Purchase Orders (Part III), Stock Control and Monitoring (Part I)
- Module 6 : Stock Control and Monitoring (Part II)
- Module 7 : Inventory and Stock Control (Part III); Bill of Materials
- Module 8 : Product Pricing (Part II), Discounts and Credit Notes
- Module 9 : Discounts; How to Enter and Post a Credit Note
- Module 10 : Sales Order Processing and Completion; Audit Trail and Credit Control
- Module 1 : Credit Control and Chasing Debt (Part I)
- Module 2 : Chasing Debt and Credit Control (Part II)
- Module 3 : Chasing Debt and Credit Control (Part III)
- Module 4 : How to Run and Manage your VAT Returns
- Module 5 : VAT returns (Part II), Fuel Scale Charges and Intrastat
- Module 6 : How to Use Foreign Currencies in Sage 50 (Part I)
- Module 7 : How to Use Foreign Currencies in Sage 50 (Part II); How to Convert Quotations into Sales Invoices or Orders
- Module 8 : Managing Projects (Part I)
- Module 9 : Managing Projects (Part II); Project Reports
- Module 10 : Project Reports, Report Designer and Audit Trails