AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
Obtain an outstanding professional accountancy qualification to gain employment or promotion within the finance and accounting industry. Most students start at this level with only limited or no accounts knowledge. Why study AAT Online Distance Learning – ‘On Demand’ with McArthur Morgan? Maximum Flexibility – Study at your own pace, anytime, anywhere on any device We are a dedicated AAT Training provider – this makes us specialists at delivering the AAT qualification. We will send the Full range of study materials delivered to your home or office – delivery costs are included. Pre-recorded video tutorials, available for every module – delivered by our team of highly experienced, fully qualified accountancy tutors. Full tutor support available up to 10pm, 7 days a week. We regularly achieve 100% pass rates The Foundation Certificate in Accounting can lead to employment as: Accounts administrator Accounts assistant Accounts payable clerk Purchase ledger clerk Sales ledger clerk Trainee accounting technician Trainee finance assistant
Accounting and finance_Accounting
The units of this level are:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Working Effectively in Accounting and Finance / Synoptic Assessment
- This unit introduces students to the double-entry bookkeeping system and the associated documents and processes.
- This unit provides students with the skills necessary to operate a manual
double-entry bookkeeping system and provides a strong foundation for progression to more advanced manual and computerised activities.
- The cash book and petty cash book are also covered in this uni
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Process customer transactions
- Process supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- This unit is about control accounts, journals and methods of payment.
- This unit covers more complex Foundation level bookkeeping procedures.
- Students will develop the ability to prepare the value added tax (VAT) control account as well as the sales and purchases ledger control accounts, including reconciliation with the sales and purchases ledgers.
- Understand payment methods
- Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
- Use control accounts
- Use the journal
- Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
Elements of Costing
- The purpose of this unit is to give students a basic introduction to costing.
- A student successfully completing this unit will be an effective member of the costing function within the accounting team.
- This unit covers the nature of cost and how it is used in a costing system.
- Understand the cost recording system within an organisation
- Use cost recording techniques
- Provide information on actual and budgeted costs and income
Using Accounting Software
- This unit provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to carry out typical bookkeeping transactions and tasks using accounting software.
- On completion of this unit, students will have the practical ability to enter accounting transactions into accounting software and to perform bank reconciliations accurately.
- Set up accounting software
- Process sales and purchases transactions
- Process bank and cash transactions
- Perform period end routine tasks
- Produce reports
Work Effectively in Finance
- This unit will help students to develop the professional skills and behaviours needed in the workplace.
- Students will understand the work of the finance function and why that work is important to an organisation.
- Understand the finance function within an organisation
- Use personal skills development in finance
- Produce work effectively
- Understand corporate social responsibility (CSR), ethics and sustainability within organisations
|Who is this course for|