Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety Management – Level 2 It does not matter how much of a reputation or a customer base your food business has earned. If the food quality is bad, the business will lose both the reputation and customer base within seconds. Food hygiene and quality are two of the main aspects important for a customer and if it is below expectations, the business is sure to plunge into huge loss. Therefore, many food outlets and food processing organisations take great measures in promoting the hygiene and safety of their food, amongst which are the following certain food standards and practices. The Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety Management Level 3 has been introduced to give you a sound knowledge of food hygiene and safety practices and is primarily targeted at individuals aspiring to or already owning a food business. Starting off with modules that will show you how to establish a food business and the aspects that could possibly go wrong, you will move onto topics that will familiarise you with the different types of food poisoning and food hygiene complains that you might encounter in your career. This course will act as an excellent guide in helping you ensure food safety and hygiene practices within your food business. The other modules will go onto teach you about how to train food handlers on food hygiene and safety and how to win food hygiene awards to maintain a good reputation among customers and thrive in the long run. Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety Management – Level 3 The Certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety Management Level 3 is the perfect course program for individuals aspiring to own their very own food business. Employees working in a food processing firm or a food outlet might also find this course benefitting in refining their career, as this course will talk about the two crucial factors that determine the success of a food business food hygiene and food safety. The course modules are very insightful and will provide you with practical examples that will show you how to win the respect and loyalty of customers. The concepts, principles, measures and strategies vital to ensure food hygiene and safety will be explored in-depth through this course program. You will also get access to learning materials that will familiarise you with the origin and nature of food risk and the impacts of it in the business as a whole. The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner. The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners and/or employers requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process. *Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Food science_Food safety
COURSE CURRICULUM: Certificate In Food Hygiene And Safety Management – Level 2
Module 01: Establishing a Food Business
- Establishing a food business
- The Licensing Act 2003
Module 02: Food What Can Go Wrong
- Problems with food
- Food poisoning
- Food poisoning symptoms
Module 03: Types of Food Poisoning
- Staphyloccus Aureus
- Escherichia Coli
Module 04: Food Hygiene Complaints
- How we deal with a food complaint:
- Food complaints
- Food alerts
Module 05: Food Safety Inspections
- When will my business be inspected?
- What will the officers do when they visit?
- Do the public have the right to see a copy of my food hygiene inspection report?
- What further action can officers take?
Module 06: Food Safety Management
- What is a hazard?
- How do I put in place food safety management procedures?
Module 07: Training of Food Handlers
- What level of training do I need to give my staff?
- Training plan and records
- Training review
Module 08: Are You A Five-Star Food Business?
- Scores on the Doors
Module 09: Food Hygiene Awards
- Who is eligible for the award?
- What factors are assessed for the award?
- Nomination eligibility
- Who can be contacted about the award?
- Window Stickers
- Ownership of Sticker and Awards
Module 10: Good Hygiene Practices
- Reporting Illness
- Protective Clothing
- Food Handling.
- Hand washing
Module 11: Personal Hygiene
- Fitness to work
- CONFIDENTIAL Employee Medical Questionnaire
Module 12: Temperature Control
- Why is temperature control important?
- The temperature danger zone?
- Hot holding of food
Module 13: Cleaning
- Surfaces and equipment to be cleaned
- The frequency of cleaning
- The method of cleanings
- The person undertaking the task
- What standard to expect
- What type of chemical to use?
Module 14: Pest Control
- Reasons for control
- Prevention of infestation
- Good Housekeeping
Module 15: Management Check
- Food safety management checklist
- Receipt of food
Module 16: Frequently Asked Questions
- At what temperature should my fridge operate?
- What is the maximum time I should keep various foods in the fridge?
- What is the best time to undertake temperature checks of fridge freezer units?
- How long should I keep my monitoring records for?
- How can I cool food quickly?
- What is a high-risk food?
- How often will I get a food hygiene inspection?
- What are the recommended chemicals for cleaning food preparation areas?
- Do I have to implement SFBB?
COURSE CURRICULUM: Certificate In Food Hygiene And Safety Management – Level 3
Module 01: Basic Food Safety Concepts
- Food safety: facts and figures
- Food safety: key concepts
- The key role of operators in ensuring food safety
Module 02: General Principles of Food Hygiene
- Importance of hygiene for product quality and safety
- General principles of food hygiene
- Appendices: Guides to Good Practices
Module 03: Origin and Nature of Food Risk
- Origin and nature of biological risks
- Origin and nature of chemical risks
- Emerging risks
Module 04: Handling and Preservation of Fruit and Vegetables
- Importance of different factors for handling and preservation of fruit and vegetables
- Use of cooling to preserve certain products
- Techniques for preparing and preserving products
Module 05: The HACCP System
- Scope and significance of the HACCP method
- Description of the HACCP method
Module 06: Establishing A FSMS
- Usefulness and evolution of quality approach concepts
- The key steps
- Appendices: Aspects of the documentation system
Module 07: The Internal Control and FSMS Certification Process
- The continual improvement principle
- Self-evaluations and internal audits
Module 08: Market Access Strategy
- Business positioning and market access strategy
- The European Union market for fruit and vegetable exports
Module 09: Private Standards
- Private standards
- Private standards in the area of food safety
- Private standards in the field of sustainable development
You will have 12 Months access to your online study platform from the date you purchased the course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages revisiting the training at any time.
Method of Assessment:
This online course is assignment-based with learners being assessed upon the submission of a series of assignments. Once you successfully submit the assignments, students will gain a professional qualification. The assignments must be submitted to the instructor through the online learning portal. The assignments will be reviewed and evaluated, with feedback provided to the student on how well they have fared.
Please Note: Additionally, a total fee of £69 is charged for the assessment and certificate for each course separately, and you need to pay that when submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially upon registering). This payment can be made in 02 installments.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards will provide successful learners with a Certificate of Achievement and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the units completed by the learner through this course.
|Who is this course for|